PHBC can offer the following services to both domestic and commercial properties:
Your historic building is also your home. Alteration or adaptation may be needed for it to fulfil your living requirements.
This kind of project is much more complex than would be the case with a modern building. It is important to protect the essential character of the building that makes it special. There are added legislative and planning requirements to be satisfied.
PHBC can guide you and help manage the process.
Informing the design process to ensure:
- Compatibility of new design with the historic structure
- Protection of the building's special historic interest
Prepare applications for:
- Listed building consent
- Planning permission
- Conservation area consent
Provide liaison with conservation officer:
- Pre-application discussion
- Expert evaluation of impact on historic fabric
- Dispute resolution/negotiation
- Site management
- Materials specification
- Selection and management of contractors
- Education/development of contractors unfamiliar with historic buildings
- Guidance on undertaking a project yourself
- Advice on appropriate materials and their use
- Access to skills training
- Back up for problem solving and specialist assessment