PHBC can offer the following services to both domestic and commercial properties:
The timber frame is the key structural component of a historic timber framed building. Hence the condition and integrity of the timber frame is fundamental to the health of your building.
Proper understanding of a historic timber frame requires specialised skills and knowledge to assess how it was originally constructed, what may have happened over its long life and how this may affect its intended performance.
PHBC can provide assessment and advice including the following:
- What defects are there?
- Are they major or minor?
- Do they require immediate action, future action or monitoring?
- Have they adversely affected structural integrity?
- Is further investigation or monitoring required?
- Should remedial action be considered?
- Have inappropriate, potentially damaging, materials been used to repair the building?
- Are they causing actual damage?
- Is there the potential for future damage?
- Is remedial action required?
- What risks are associated with remedial action?
- What replacement materials would be appropriate?
Threats to the Building
- Is it damp?
- What are the sources of dampness?
- What remedial action should be taken?
- What remedial treatment should be avoided?
- Are there physical threats such as trees / vegetation, raised ground levels, road / traffic.